WHAT WOULD WE LIKE THE CHILDREN TO ACHIEVE IN SPANISH?
- We would like the children to feel confident in all language skills. Whilst progressing their Listening, Reading, Speaking, Writing and Grammar skills in Spanish we hope that they will be set up for success with Secondary School language learning.
- We would like the children to have a diverse range of Language Skills (understanding cognates and dictionary use for example). These skills are transferrable to other Modern Foreign Languages.
- We would like the children to have a good grasp of key grammatical concepts, phonics and vocabulary (We aim to regularly revisit key vocabulary to ensure retention).
- We would like the children to have a good understanding of Spanish Culture and also of Spanish as a global language.
- And above all we hope the children develop a love of language learning which sets them on a journey to further language study.
Children in Reception and Years 1 and 2 have the opportunity of joining Spanish Language Club. Children are taught in their respective classes should they wish to attend this extra curricular club. Spanish Language Club takes place with Mrs Irving where children start to learn the basics of the Spanish Language through songs and games.